We all know Father’s Day is coming and that we’ll have to find the best Father’s Day gifts again this year. So why is it that even though we know that Dads are hard to buy presents for, we often leave looking for gift ideas until the last minute?
Well, not this year and not anymore! We’ve put together a list of the five best Father’s Day gift ideas ever, including DIY gifts the kids can make for Dad!
1. DIY Scrabble Photo Frame – find an old wooden photo frame and remove the glass. Have the kids paint the frame in Dad’s favourite colours. Once the frame is dry, pop the glass back in. Using old Scrabble pieces, or make your own out of cardboard, glue letters at the bottom of the glass in words which represent him. Fun, sporty, tickler, my hero, rugby nut – the choices are huge.
2. Alcohol Infused Fruit – for the Dad with a classy palate, how about making him a jar or two of his favourite fruit soaked in his favourite tipple. How does fig and Bourbon or pineapple and Rum sound? For more suggestions and to find out how to make them, pop over to Bon Appetit’s website.
3. Custom Cufflinks – does Dad have a favourite piece of his kid’s artwork? Simply scan and email us a copy and we can turn it into a pair of unique one-off handmade custom cufflinks. Wouldn’t it be great to do this every year and let him look back on their developing art skills too?!
4. Succulents in a Hand Painted Pot – for the Dad that’s got everything, a cool looking spiky cactus in a painted pot is an absolute winner! Hard to kill and pros at surviving when they forget to be watered, succulents are the ideal pot plant for Father’s Day. Let the kids have fun finger painting the pot, making handprints and using anything they can find to paint with, to make each pot an absolute masterpiece. To find out more, check out See That There’s website.
5. Tree of Life Pendant – one of the most masculine and meaningful pieces of jewellery for the guys is our Tree of Life pendant and necklace. Packed with evolutionary symbolism, along with references to biology, religion, mythology and philosophy, this is a fabulous Father’s Day present he is sure to love and treasure.
This Father’s Day, remember that
“Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.”