Have you ever got a handmade Christmas present you hated? I have, which is why I am choosy as to which Christmas DIY gifts I make for my friends and family. I’ve found that it’s not just the gift you make which you need to think about, but that it is who you give it to. It’s the same with jewellery. Some people prefer silver jewellery like my Sterling Silver Wire Peapods. Others love the copper Majestic Charms on my personalised leather bracelets. I’m opening up my top-secret box of Christmas DIY gifts for you today. I am sure you’ll find the perfect Christmas present to make right here …
Top 6 Christmas DIY Gifts People Actually Love!
- Home made bath salts for a detoxifying evening – with Christmas being the season of indulgence, why not make some homemade detoxifying bath salts to allow the receiver to be both indulgent in using them, and also counteract the effects of some of the other over indulgences.
- Mint Sugar Scrub – everyone loves a luxurious pampering session! I found the instructions on how to make this divine mint sugar scrub and knew just the person to give it to. Me! But I might just make a double batch for a close girlfriend too, if she’s lucky.
- Glitter Snowball Playdough – a great one for little and big kids alike! I’ve found an easy recipe to make homemade playdough which doesn’t dry out! Once you’ve made it, package it up in a cute little mason jar with a handmade label. I totally love this DIY Christmas gift idea!
- Chalkboard Serving Tray – a perfect Christmas present for both girls and guys! Can’t you picture serving cheese and crackers or a few cold ones to friends on this handy chalkboard tray? I can and I love the idea of being able to write what it is you are serving right next to it too! That will stop being asked what it is about four million times!
- Reindeer Beer – men are so hard to make Christmas DIY gifts for, except for Reindeer Beer ones of course! All you need to do is grab a six pack of his favourite beer in bottles and start creating. A few brown pipe cleaners, googly eyes and red pompoms later and you’re all finished. Pure magic.
- Christmas Crackers – we all love pulling Christmas crackers, but why not create your own as gifts this year? You could make paper hats, write your own jokes and pop a Custom Keepsakes gift voucher inside it! The perfect DIY gift which everyone loves to open. Or pull!
I hope you have as much fun making your Christmas presents as I do. Merry Christmas everyone!