So, you have been living in matrimonial bliss for the last 11 months and all of a sudden you realise that your first wedding anniversary is about to roll around and you are not sure what to get as your 1st wedding anniversary gift. Do you get a traditional 1st anniversary gift, or a modern 1st anniversary gift.
So the Wedding Anniversary Gift Guide – year by year, indicated that the traditional 1st wedding anniversary gift is paper, or for the modernist, the modern 1st wedding anniversary gift is a clock.
Traditional 1st Wedding Anniversary Gift ideas:
Paper I hear you say, how boring!!!! What on earth am I going to get them!!!! Well to be honest, I’ve had a little chat with my friends and come up with a whole heap of cool paper gift ideas.
So here we go:
- Calandar – create a calendar using your wedding pictures or your favourite pictures from the past year.
- Framed Print – print a map of where you got married and frame it. These look fantastic in a heart shaped map print like this cute “Map Celebration Prints” from Uku Chic
- Book – If you married a bookworm, get them a copy of their favourite book, or search out a first edition in a second hand or rare book shop as a first anniversary gift. This can be an inexpensive gift, especially if you get it from somewhere like Book Depository who ship worldwide for free.
- Personalised photobook – with images from your wedding or your favourite images from the last year.
- Lottery ticket – some people might frown at this and wonder how memorable a gift it is but imagine winning a lottery for a first anniversary.
- Photo jigsaw puzzle – if you partner loves doing puzzles, why not have your favourite wedding photo turned into a jigsaw puzzle.
- Write them a love letter – If you are good with words, why not take a moment to write them a special love letter for your 1st While it won’t break the bank, it will be high value, low cost.
- Write them a poem – if words flow easily for you, write them a special poem, if the idea of a poem sounds great, but you struggle to put words on paper, have a talk with Love on Paper. Love on Paper produce personalised one of a kind poems, working with you and the information you give them to create a few verses you or your loved one will cherish for many years to come.
- Framed personalised print – there are so many options for a framed personalised print but one of my favourites (especially because my hubby is a star wars fan) is a personalised starwars image featuring yourself and your partner as STAR WARS characters
- Papercraft cutouts – If you are looking for something a little different, I love the work of Straight from the blade who create these amazing paper cut outs using both her own and purchased designs. These are cuts for all occasions, and to fit most price ranges.
- Hand made love coupons – Anniversary gifts don’t have to be all about buying each other something, and often at that first anniversary you are broke as you are either still paying off that wedding dress that you will wear once and is now gathering moths in the closet, or saving for a house. Love coupons whether for 1000 kisses, a back rub, foot massage, a candle lit dinner, or a picnic in the park are a thoughtful way to celebrate your first anniversary with paper, without it needing to be gold leaf!!!!
- Handcrafted cards – and finally whether you want to create a card yourself to accompany a gift, or your partner is a bit of a scrap booker/crafter themselves and would love a card kit as a gift, you can’t go past the variety of designer pattered papers with coordinated stamps and dies to personalise stationary and make keepsake albums at Gift Hutt
So if you have decided upon what will be the perfect 1st Wedding anniversary gift, be sure to start your planning early for next year by checking out our Wedding anniversary gift – year by year guide or check out some of our Custom Keepsakes Personalised Jewellery or Personalised Gifts .
Since I am always looking for new ideas to add to my guide, I’d love to hear of some of the paper gifts you have given, received, or heard of.